SharkBait is the featured event and COMPETITION of the Brownfields 2017 Economic Redevelopment Forum!
Who: Shark Bait is looking for communities in all stages of development who are looking to gain technical expertise!
Projects which demonstrate a creative re-use vision, broad community engagement and support, diverse partnerships, and potential for a dynamic presentation will be matched with a team of Lifeguards specific to their needs.
Why: Months of technical assistance from teams of Lifeguards and expert advice from Sharks on the day of the Event. The winner will receive a prize and recognition in the Brownfields realm.
Each selected project will be given expertise from a panel of “Lifeguards” who are well respected and knowledgeable in their specific technical area. They will work together during the months leading up to the conference to gain assistance and will then pitch their project to a panel of Sharks, experts in brownfields, marketing, and finance as part of the Economic Redevelopment Forum! Sharks will ask questions, offer suggestions for investment opportunities, and select the winner of the Shark Bait Award!
- Complete the application and return by September 1, 2017.
- Learn more information about SharkBait and watch a quick webinar on benefits here.
- All applications will be screened and 6 projects will be selected to COMPETE! Projects that are not selected will still receive technical assistance through other parts of the conference.
- Selected projects will join conference calls with their “Lifeguards” to help prepare for the conference as well as meet in person on Tuesday, December 5, 2017
- Attend the Shark Bait event at Brownfields 2017 to present your pitch to the Sharks!