Featuring over 100 educational sessions offered in a variety of formats, the conference offers high quality learning experiences and peer-to-peer networking for stakeholders looking for beginner basics to those needing more advanced training and connections.
Conference Topic Areas
- Sustainability, Liability, Resiliency
- Finance, Real Estate, and Economic Development
- Community Engagement and Environmental Justice
- State and Local Government Programs and Partnerships
- Tribal Brownfield Programs
- Liability and Enforcement
- Assessment, Remediation, and Cleanup Approaches
- Small Communities and Rural Places
General Topic Areas
- Brownfield Assessment, Cleanups, and Redevelopment
- Community Engagement and Empowerment
- Creative Placemaking
- Equitable Development and Environmental Justice
- Funding and Financing for Community Revitalization
- International Programs and Policies
- Environmental Liability and Enforcement
- Opportunity Funds and Brownfields Revitalization Renewable Energy Alternatives
- Resiliency and sustainability
- Brownfields Strategies for Rural and Small Communities
- Promoting Public Health through Brownfields Revitalization
- Workforce Development and Job Training
Educational Session Formats
Panel Discussions (60 minutes). This session features a speaker(s) or panel making a presentation and includes time for audience questions and answers.
Roundtable Conversations (60 minutes). Our most interactive session, roundtables feature one or two experts guiding an interactive conversation with the audience around a focused topic. There are no formal presentations. Experts tee up the topic and then facilitate the conversation with the attendees.
Topic Talks (30 minutes). These sessions feature one speaker delivering a fifteen-minute presentation followed by Q&A with the attendees at an “experts bar” in the next room. They are designed for attendees who want a quick snippet on a concept, idea, or case study, rather than for those wanting a deep dive.
Brownfields University (5 hours). Half-day workshops will be offered on the first day of the conference, before regional open houses and the opening plenary session.
Mobile Workshops (3 hours). These ride along sessions take attendees out of the convention center into Oklahoma City and surrounding area to see and learn about one or more showcase redevelopment projects. Plan on about 50 participants per workshop and a timeframe that includes round-trip travel and the learning experience on the site visit.
Lunch & Learn. Join your colleagues for lunch and participate in a table discussion on a Brownfields Hot Topic!
Power Breakfast. Taking a que from TED Talks, engaging and charismatic speakers will give short talks to expose new ideas that are supported by concrete evidence and are relevant to a broad audience.
Peaceful Pause. Start your day with a yoga and meditation session with your colleagues!
Film Series. Brownfields 2022 will feature a viewing room for Brownfields documentaries and videos.
Continuing Education Credits
Brownfields 2022 will offer attendees the opportunity to earn credits required for maintaining their professional certifications. Please review the requirements of your certifying organization. As the conference approaches, sessions that are eligible for credits and certification maintenance will be listed.